Bats and Bears

Today I volunteered at a Halloween parade. My friend Stevette (that’s a fake name) and I were the only ones from our GS troop that were there. We were assigned the last station. The last station was stuffed animals. Fun, right? You would think, but no! The stuffed animals were so cute. They were little bats and bears. Most of the kids were fine. But some were absolutely horrible! I was dressed as a cat. I had paws and I left them in the bucket. One girl wasn’t satisfied with the bear I gave her. She went up to the bucket and dug through all of the stuffed animals. She found my paws and walked away, smiling. I had to run after her and explain to her why she couldn’t take my paws. I handed her a purple bat and she frowned. She started walking back to the bucket. I stopped her. I said, “No you’re fine,” and I guided her to the ice cream stand. Another girl took a bear and started to walk away. She turned and claimed to have a brother, even though she didn’t. I saw her at the pool once and she was with her sister. I asked her if she had any other siblings and she said no. Her sister had already gotten a toy. You might ask why this is such a  big deal. Well, at the end one little boy watched the girl in front of him get a bat. The last bat. We were ONE toy short because of that little girl. That whole experience was EXHAUSTING! But it was worth it because we got Dippin Dots at the end.